Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Hyderabad revisited

When people ask me "where are you from"? I say i'm born and brought up in Hyderabad,however I'm not sure where is Charminar and lad bazaretc.. the noted landmarks for Hyderabad.. Ofcourse I know reasonably well about hyderabad.. Being a chronic Bus traveller,I overlook the route maps to these places...
So ,I was all set to Visit these places,When my friend has a business visitor from The U.K.When we were leaving for charminar, I told my friends that the structure which we are seeing is Salarjung Museum, Ouch, The auto driver said that "that is High Court sir,the one to your left is Salarjung Museum,that consilidated my feeling,that i'm also a visitor to this place!!"
When we came near to the place,it was Simply old, nothing great as i expected... Absolute lack of maintanence.. And the most unfair thing was the entrance ticket was 20 times more for Non-Indians , I was wondering what they would they charge me for entry to "Warwick castle".
Next we went to the adjacent place Mecca Masjid, ofcourse i've never been to a mosque before, but it looked good with all the pigeons flocking and the charminar has a spledind view from this place. And this place stood as a testimonial for the co-existence of the religions in hyderabad.. I thought "who said this is sensitive ,be careful!!!!"
And the next halt was at Salarjung Museum, When i told him that this is the mueseum, he said "Ah! yes, it is largest personal collection by any person in the world".. gosh! i was shocked"Man,this guy is more prepared than us".,,, and our next stop was at Birla Mandir and then to the latest "Hyderabad central"... was a tiresome day overall, i still feel the cramps..

2 comments:

Hyderabadiz said...

Seven revists will be for sure.
Hyderabad is such a place, once been there, and then went umpteen times.

Happy New Year.
Hamari Hyderabadiz ki Team aap ke liye layi hai neye saal ka shandar tohfa:
Happy 2007 - Have Fun with Hyderabad ka Paya Paya
with full colors, animation and entertainment that is delicious too.
Please, leave your comments, suggestions, and ideas to improve this blog.
This is a non-commercial, friendly message.
Best, MT
http://hyderabadiz.blogspot.com/

Sasanka Rajaram said...

No ads plz..